Friday, November 25, 2011

NorthEast to SouthEast

This is just one Autumn day. I decided to spend this saturday of mine in one of the best galleries in London. The Barbican Art Gallery.

12 Nov 2011
The Barbican art gallery is transformed, curated and design by Rotor, They make the portrait of OMA. Co founded in 1975 by Rem Koolhaas as the office for Metropolitan Architecture. It has seven partners and a staff of 280 architects, designers, researchers and support staff in offices in Rotterdam, New York, Beijing and Hong Kong. 

OMA works was magnificently astonishing. Mind blowing. I don't think Rotor did an excellent job curating it. The first part of the exhibition was rubbish. Some pictures are pixelized, somehow the organization of the presentation just doesn't do it for me. It was boring discouraging viewers to read. However I really enjoy the works. The model making, the drawings, really show the thought and time put in every little details; something to be shown. I realize the things they do in an a real Architectural firm is very similar with the projects I do in school. The process of plenty research, experiments and testing. 

I suggest you to go and see it before it ends on the 19th February 2012. If your in London of-course.




After the Barbican I realized... mmhh I don't have anything to do at home I'll just walk around. 
So there i was with my pocket camera walking around the gray city. 

A marching band?
Architecture in North East London

Beautiful hexagonal glass

Towering Buildings. Like this picture in particular to me it looks like a collage and the dull tone of dead pink and mint green.
Odd looking corner?

Corridor to a bar

Black telephone booth

Autumn leaves

didn't realize i was walking to the south! Summerset House :D






London is gray but is never boredom

All photographs are taken by Hana Tindjau

No comments:

Post a Comment