Sunday, October 24, 2010

2D to 3D

On friday (8th October 2010) we were told to create a 3D model from our drawings and photographs. So this is what I've come up with! 





We were told to take pictures in different places to see how our sculptures work in different situation. I also try to put my sculpture on my friends arm. Looks like a futuristic jewelry. Actually I've always wanted to be a jewelry designer, luxurious diamond ones. But also want to design fun and creative jewelries that can be afforded by students like me and have a little boutique in oxford street! hahaha.. dream dream dream.. but who knows where life takes me :) 








Another paper sculpture. One of the tutors told me that a good 3D model can stand on its own and that it can stand in more then two different ways also it should look pleasing from every angle; like a building. true true

Art pieces are not always successful! Here are the one that are not so successful, I mean FAIL ones :p


Wasn't very please with what I did on friday, I make different sculptures also inspired by the drawings and photographs I took.



Very different from the first one!





Imagine this as a clock or an interior decoration in your living room.


another unsuccessful ones a.k.a FAIL


 

Really like this hanging piece! Can be a very attractive lamp.




I think I struggle a lot on friday! It was hard to create 3D models from pictures and drawings (2D). However I really enjoy the process of it. I did most of my sculptures without thinking and took decisions on the way. Sometimes there would be other ideas as we create the models. The theory from VisCom tutors is so true.

Hope you enjoy the photos :)

No comments:

Post a Comment