Friday, October 15, 2010

Switch on switch OFF

On the second week of visual comunication, the brief tittle is Audience! We were suppose to think about a message, the sender and the receiver. Our piece will represent the message without including the sender and the reciver in the piece.

Here is my final piece. Can you figure out who is the sender and the reciever and what the message actually is?







  
Exclamation mark






The message is 'switch it off' the sender is me and the reciever is my roommate. This is a starting point for me however I think the message changes as I create this piece. The message could be something like 'switch it off or else the world will end' (represent by the last piece which is just black). The last piece is actually ambiguos which means it can have two meanings.

On friday the 1st of October we had a presentation and criticism day where we are put into 3/4 groups to discuss and have constructive criticism. 
They said that my I have a wide range of ideas but not much research in my sketch book and could do more artist research and experiments with other ways of communicating the message. 
My colleague suggested me to do more work in my sketchbook, more research and maybe do 3d works as well. 

'the last piece is ambiguous but the message is clearly communicate' said paul (one of the tutors)

'this particular picture (exclamation mark picture look above) sums it all' from wendy's (one of the tutors) point of view.

Here are some other people's work i like!








Really like her photographes



This person is annoyed by his roommate because he snores. So he made this collage piece saying to his roommate to stop snoring. The last piece on the bottom is sleeping pills. I really like the initial idea how i wish this piece was clearer




Loved the detailed wasps!
 Her piece was pen drawings on bread and she made the breads herself. The message was 'go away' to the pigeons because this pigeon always stare through her windows. And so she made a little experiment by putting her drawn breads on the street and she said according to her observations non of the birds want to eat them. Maybe her message is sent successfully. 



She actually made a stop motion with this leg and arm sculpture she made.





This is the piece I love most. Its simple and easy to understand. Maybe because the artist uses words however i think its a clever way to show this because I can directly know who is the receiver, the dentist. 


Overall I really enjoy the project. I struggle a little bit at first when looking for a great unique idea! Even-though my message is typical and corny i think i've done my work pretty well and I communicate my message affectively. I will do more artist research and experiments.

Maybe my next post would be some artist research? mmhh..

Have a great weekend guys 
xoxo hana

1 comment:

  1. i love your idea !
    keep working on it ;))
    followed yours. mind to follow back??
    thnks love

    xx

    ReplyDelete