Tuesday, October 19, 2010

wilcox

Dominic Wilcox is an artist, designer and inventor who works with 'everyday life'. He works with everyday objects to create an unique, out of the box, 'never thought about that' and even absurd variation of 'stuff'. His work has been published and exhibited around the world and he continues to develop his work in all fields of creativity.

Connecting to our Audience project here are some of his work,



These are called honesty stamps. The message is very literate since he uses text.
This one is less literate...



I really like this one not because how great the work is but the simplicity and the idea itself. This is something I never had thought before. Its clear that the audience are the thieve and the message is 'do not steal my bike/car'

Here are some other wilcox's work that makes me smile thinking about his ideas.




These are called war bowls.


This instilation of his work is display in Selfridges in the newly launched worlds biggest shoe department.





This is a bird cage made to exactly fit a bird :D



This makes me giggle!

and lastly his really cute absurd sketch



He actually came to my chelsea and give a small talk about his work. I guess he really inspires alot of us and I got his autograph!!!!!



:p
all images are taken from his site and his blog.
check them out!

1 comment: