Monday, October 25, 2010

3D Spatial Part II

Connecting with the last post, the project brief said 'Connecting to the structures, you will then have to think how to connect these elements so that they function within the three design outcomes. Do they interlock? Stack? link? tied? balanced? bolted? How do you stick things together without using masking tape? Think creatively and aesthetically both in the making and the details" "You must clearly show in your presentation how your design will be used, what scale, Where is it placed? etc..."

So here are the modules I made. I made around 11 of them and from these structures I arrange them in different ways.















From these arrangements I decided to create the "chair", the "building" and the "box".















What I really like from this 'building' is that it can stand in 3 different ways and from every side it looks like a different model. I also like the fact that my work is not geometric, not like most of modular designs are. 

So this is what I did to show the function and the scale of my structures.






xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment