Monday, October 25, 2010

Back to basic

Drawing is still a very important skill in the foundation course. On the 2D to 3D blog post I mention that the 3D structures are inspired by photographs and drawings so here are some of my work.











Here are my drawings

Sorry about the yellowness of this photo! I forgot to change the white balance! hahaha



Overall I really liked 3D spatial. The first week was a little boring because of my weird looking instillation and we were just drawing. I like the second week, getting some structures done. What I most like about 3D spatial is that the field covers from architecture, furniture design until jewelry design.

People are suppose to give constructive critisisms about my work. They said that I had a lot of photographs and a consistent development of ideas. However I need to develop more on my drawings.
They also said that my work shows clear development from 2D to 3D. They suggest me to experiment with more modular and repetitive structure since my final pieces are not very modular.
They said that my photographs are interesting. However my friends said I can work more with same forms.

I think I keep it safe for this project! If i was going full speed i think i can do so much better. However because I wasnt clear about the final idea the result are better than I hoped and I'm very pleased about my work.

Here are the things I learn from this rotation:

1. Look around! Sometimes there are beatiful things you never notice befor and as a designer we should see anything common in a different way.

2. Not knowing the result is sometimes better and thats what thrilling in the design industry. "Experimentation"

3. Designers have design options, Aesthetic, Functional or Ornaments.

4. As a designer we have to be critical in experiencing life, we have to think of great solutions
Design is all about thingkin. Problem solving.

5. Sometimes having humor in design is good :D


Looking forward to Fashion Textile Rotation. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment