Monday, October 11, 2010

Culture Identity

On the last friday of the 2 weeks of fine art. We have an Presentation and criticism day where we would have constructive critizism from our peers. I enjoy looking at others work and amazed on how different all our work are. Here are some of my favorite work.



This piece created by my Japanese friend Kayo. A very smart idea of drawing small human figures from her photographs, photocopying it and rearranging, creating this funny patterns. 




great photomontage!






 I love this 3d piece very much the shape of the paper flows. It's such a sensitive piece.

Finaly, this is my final piece. I didnt enjoy the process of making this and im not satisfy of what i've done. Any suggestion on how can i improve this piece? 




These two piece represent our culture identity today in my opinion. I think our culture identity is never pure and on the pencil drawing this is shown by the twirl I made showing that our culture is 'mixed'. I use elements from Indonesia (the 'wayang') where I come from but also the London chimney's and street lamps to represent where I am now.

The things I learn from fine art rotation:

DO NOT THINK TO MUCH, LET IT GO! 
DONT LET YOUR CONCEPT LIMIT YOUR IDEAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment